Why seek to start a disciple making movement in the US? Aren’t we a “Christian Nation”?
Here are the answers from Roy Moran of Shoal Creek:
- We ran out of space.
- We were praying for the 300,000 living within 30 minutes of us. We wanted to make it hard for them to go to hell.
- We ran into the story of David Watson and the Bhojpuri.
- We developed a hybrid “come/go” strategy.
- On the “come” side, we have a Sunday morning service (which doesn’t feel like church to most, so we don’t get a lot of transfer growth); on the “go” side, we train them in DMM strategies to plant the church where we live, work and play.
- We wanted a scalable model that would encompass all 300,000.
For the full transcript visit: Planting Churches Where People Live, Work, and Play